Wednesday 9 December 2009

Favourite Music

I have chosen 'Hey Jude' by The Beatles as one of my favourite songs, purely because it never fails in cheering me up and it’s a classic song that I will never get tired of. Throughout this song we get a tour of Paul's McCartney’s spectacular vocal range: from the graceful inviting tones of the opening verse, through the mounting excitement of the song itself, to the climax of the coda at the end. This is complimented with powerful lyrics and the simple accompaniment of a tambourine, piano and guitar; all these elements contribute in creating, in my opinion, the greatest song of all time!







Hey Jude don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better
Hey Jude don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better
And any time you feel the pain,
Hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulder
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Na na na na nana na na na
Hey Jude don't let me down
You have found her now go and get her
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better
So let it out and let it in
Hey Jude begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with
And don't you know that it's just you
Hey Jude you'll do
The movement you need is on your shoulder
Na na na na nana na na na Yeah
Hey Jude don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her under your skin
Then you'll begin to make it better
Better, better, better, better, better,
Yeah,Yeah,Yeah
Na Na Na Na Na Na NaNa Na Na Na
Hey Jude!( 16 times till fade out)

I asked my family to tell me there favourite 5 songs of all time, and listed below is a little about them and their choices, I thought this would prove useful when selecting music for my practical as, as you can see from the music chosen there is a vast contrast in era, genre and style and the music will play a pivotal part in my film opening. Thus I want to ensure that I pick music that compliments my genre and target audience.


Name: Nicholas Kimberley
Age: 45
Relation: Dad
Occupation: Owns some companies
Enjoys: Watching the arsenal and travelling

*My dad insisted on writing a comment as to why he picked these song's… sincere apologies!

1. The Clash- White Riot
Because it is so much better that the pretentious rock that came before it.

2. Artic Monkeys- I Bet That you Look Good on The Dance Floor
Great beat and I love that they used the power of the internet to sell their records.

3. Blur-Parklife
Simply because Blur are so much better than Oasis.

4. The Smiths- How Soon is Now
Great lyrics that shouldn’t really work but they just do.

5. Blue Monday- New Order
This is just a classic.


Name: Tracy Kimberley
Age: 40
Relation: Mum
Occupation: Lady of Leisure
Enjoys: Shopping and having lunch with her friends

1.Cheryl Cole- Fight For This Love
2. James Taylor- You’ve Got a Friend
3. Simon and Garfunkel- Bridge Over Trouble Water
4. Elton John- Candle in the Wind
5. Michael Jackson- Rock With You

Name: Eden Hope Kimberley
Age: 11
Relation: Sister
Occupation: Student
Enjoys: Dancing and High School Musical

1. Miley Cyrus- Party in the USA
2. Jonas Brother- Burnin’ Up
3. Taylor Swift- Love Story

4. JLS- Everybody in Love
5. High School Musical- I Want It All

1 comment:

  1. Olivia.

    You Dad's got reasonably good taste in music, he should like Graham Coxon (he's the talented one in blur)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wdZ44rhTAA

    This songs clearly shows who wrote song two

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RDbOlfKVQY

    ReplyDelete